Announcements and Postings
- If you wish to attend a public meeting, please contact the Planning Office ahead of the scheduled meeting for more information on how to attend.
- There are no scheduled public hearings.
- Case DSI 002-2020: AMENDMENT to a previously approved DSI. The proposed entrance and road layout will change. The number of units and placement of the units will not change.
- Case TA 002-2021: Request for a Text Amendment to the West Run Zoning Ordinance. Applicant requests to make changes to the residential zoning district in relation to duplex and townhomes when they are parceled out onto individual lots. Please Click Here for the Agenda and Staff Reports.
- Case VAR 009-2021: A variance request to reduce: 1) decrease the front yard landscaping buffer from 10 feet to 3 feet at its minimum along Maple Drive; 2) decrease the front yard landscaping buffer from 10 feet to 5 ft feet at its minimum along Mon General Drive; 3) remove the requirement to plant trees between the road and parking area, all other landscaping to remain; and 4) decrease the parking stall width from 10 feet to 9 feet; for the property legally described as Morgan 4C, Parcels 35 35.2 and 36.1 in order to install a 2,000 sq ft bank and 2 lane drive-thru. Please Click Here for the Agenda and Staff Reports.
Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines / Agendas / Minutes / Contact Us
DEVELOPERS WORKSHOP: Thursday, November 17, 2021 from 8:00 to 5:00 pm in the Planning Conference Room.
We will walk attendees through the proposed ordinance IN HALF-HOUR slots. This workshop is to serve as an educational resource to help assist you moving forward once the regulations have been adopted and are in place. There will be a brief overview presentation available to attendees throughout the workshop. We encourage you to attend AND BRING AN EXAMPLE OF A SUBDIVISION to allow you to better understand how to use and take advantage of the regulations.
This will be an open house-style meeting from 8 to 5pm, and it is anticipated that your attendance will not exceed an hour.
FOR THE DRAFT SUBDIVISION AND LAND USE DEVELOPMENT ORDINANCE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
FOR THE DRAFT COMPREHENSIVE PLAN PLEASE CLICK HERE.
PSA: WV's Region Six Planning and Development Council, which includes Mon Co, has completed the survey on Broadband Needs. They have issued a report on the survey.
Want to Learn More? Have additional questions? MCPC Staff is available for presentations (nights and weekends included) regarding who we are, what we do, and the components of planning in West Virginia and the USA.
Please note the presentation will need to be scheduled at least one week in advance.
If you want to stay up to date on all things MCPC, please like us on our Mon County Planning Commission Facebook Page. The Facebook Page includes updates on future meetings as well as other items. Check it out!
Or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MonongaliaC
Or on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monongalia-county-planning-commission
This is the official website of the Monongalia County Planning Commission and the Monongalia County Planning Office - the primary source of information on land use planning in Monongalia County. You will find information here ranging from land use planning initiatives and regulations to application forms and fee schedules.
We invite visitor's to submit questions, suggestions and comments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monongalia County Planning Office
Office Hours: 8am - 4pm M - F
243 High Street, Room 026
Morgantown , WV 26505