Below are the various applications the Monongalia County Planning Office has provided in Portable Document Format (PDF). Our regular office hours are from 8am - 4pm, Monday through Friday. Any submissions outside that time must be arranged in advance. Submissions are due by 12 noon on the submission date for zoning applications!
In order to apply for one of these applications the person applying (or their appointed representative) must:
- Follow all the required information listed on said document. The first page(s) of each application is basic information required for permit approval. Thereafter follows any additional information required by the ordinance in order to approval the permit. Anything listed out separately must be included in the application unless otherwise verified ahead of time by Planning Staff.
- Allow for an acceptance check upon receipt of the application. This is to verify that all the required items have been submitted. This does not guarantee approval, just that the application meets the standards set forth in the ordinance. Please note that there may be further scrutiny and detailed review in the ensuing week to ensure the application fully complies with the standards of the ordinance.
- Understand that after submission, only minor clarifications on existing submittals or new information related to clarifications may be submitted.
- Go to any and all meetings which may be required and be available to answer questions.
- Allow for onsite visits by Planning Staff as required to ensure compliance with the ordinance.
Land Use Permit Application - Level I (PDF) - (Use for Level I reviews of simple site plans: single-family, duplexes, and their accessory structures)
Land Use Permit Application - Level II (PDF) - (Use for Level II reviews of non-residential and multi-family structures not considered to be a development of significant impact.)
Development of Significant Impact Application (PDF) - (Use for Level III reviews of Residential Projects between 12 - 99 units; Commercial between 15,000 - 99,999 sq. ft. gfa; Industrial up to 99,999 sq ft.; and Mixed Use between 15,000 - 99,999 sq. ft. gfa)
Major Development of Significant Impact Application (PDF) - (Use for Level III reviews of Residential Projects over 100 units; and Commercial, Industrial, and Mixed Use over 100,000 sq. ft. gfa)
Conditional Use Permit Application (PDF) - (Use for all Level IV review of uses conditionally permitted within a district.)
Variance Request Application (PDF) - (Use for variance requests (ie height, or setback requirements) in conjunction with a Land Use Permit. Please Note: A variance request CANNOT be used for requests from parcel size requirements when subdividing parcels.)
Fill Application (PDF) - (Use for all fill, grubbing, grading reviews of simple site plans.)
Home Occupation Application - Level I (PDF)
Home Occupation Application - Level II (PDF)
Planned Unit Development Application (PDF) - (Use for pre-planned developments of 10 acres or more for Residential, 15 acres or more for Commercial, and 12.5 acres or more for Mixed-Use developments. Please Note: PUDs require a complete Master Plan outlining ALL development onthe site prior to approval.)
Permit Extension Application (PDF)
Map Amendment Application (PDF)
Text Amendment Application (PDF)
Admin Appeal Application (PDF) - (Use to file appeal with Board of Zoning Appeals.)
Admin Interpretation Application (PDF) - (Use for a determination on uses not listed or defined within the West Run Zoning Ordinance.)
Plat Development Application (PDF) - (Use for subdivision of lots.)
Example Site Plan (PDF)
Example Elevations (PDF)
Please contact the Mon County Floodplain Administrator at 304-413-0291 if you have any questions.
Floodplain Building Permit Application (PDF)
This is administered by MCPC Staff and does not have structured deadlines.
New Tower Application (PDF) - (May require approval by the MCPC if the new tower is over 100 feet, which involves a public hearing)
Tower Co-Location Application (PDF) - (In most cases, approved directly by the Director of Planning)
We remain committed to providing customer-oriented and easily accessible services and information. We believe that the use of web-based technologies will better fulfill our goal to provide efficiency and effectiveness as well as fairness and equitability.
Feel free to contact our Staff at 304.291.9570 or email with any questions pertaining to applications, review procedures, and permit processes. We also welcome suggestions to improve these services.